Returning to Studio Art Lessons/Workshops Policy
Terms of reopening of the studio
Due to reduce in the r-rate with COVID-19, the studio will open, gradually, initially with family groups, one to one lessons or a maximum of two who are already in a group bubble in the same school. We will monitor the Government Guidelines over the coming weeks and months, with any measures relaxing, We will increase numbers with small groups from different households. You will be informed of any changes.
It is important to stress that social distancing is not always possible to maintain where young children are concerned. We will be reinforcing handwashing and good hygiene habits with all children, and encourage them to keep a 2 metre distance when possible.
If You are concerned about this, then We advise You to them stay at home. If You or any of Your members of the household fall into the vulnerable groups, We advise that You stay at home.
Online remote learning will still be available.
Main areas to note
Door stop policy
- No visitors or household members are allowed into the studio while clients are in there, unless there is a life threatening emergency.
- Parents/carers will not be allowed to enter to art studio when dropping off or picking up their children, until the Government Guidance changes, unless they are joining in with the art lessons.
- All parents/carers are asked to observe the 2 metre distancing rules when dropping off and collecting their children, on the drive.
- Be on time, to reduce contact time and allow time for deep cleaning between lessons.
- We will be teaching in family groups or in an set group bubble from the same school until Government Guidelines change.
- If there are up to two members in the family, then the 2 metre distancing rules are practical in the size of the studio.
- If there are more than two members in the family, then the 2 metre distancing rules are very limited to the size of the studio. We will drop to the 1+ metre rule.
- You will be informed Government Guidelines say when we can mix households, a limit of distancing is in place, plus any other government changes, that will change the way the studio operates. This policy will be updated and shared with clients.
We have took part in Prevent COVID-19 training.
The client participating in lessons
- You and/or children wash Your hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds when entering and leaving the studio.
- Tissues will be available when You and/or children are coughing, sneezing or have a runny nose, using the policy of ‘Catch It, Bin It, Kill It.’ Wash hands for 20 seconds afterwards.
- You and/or children will regularly use hand sanitiser gel with 70% of over of alcohol. This will be available in the studio at all times.
- You and/or children will use kitchen rolls / paper towels to dry hands, which are binned after use to reduce cross contamination.
- You and/or children will wash their hands for 20 seconds upon receiving treatment for first aid.
- We will wash Our hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds before and after each lesson.
- We will use kitchen rolls / paper towels to dry hands, which are binned after use to reduce cross contamination.
- We will regularly use hand sanitiser gel with 70% of over of alcohol. This will be available in the studio at all times.
- Tissues will be available when We are coughing, sneezing or have a runny nose, using the policy of ‘Catch It, Bin It, Kill It.’ Wash hands for 20 seconds afterwards.
- We will use anti-bacterial spray and disinfectant to spray doors, door handles, tapes, soap and sanitiser dispenser, tables, chairs, equipment, tools, windows, sink (this list is not exhaustive). Documents will be completed with timings and items cleaned.
- If first aid treatment needs to be given to a You or Your children, disposable gloves, disposable aprons and a disposable masks will be worn by Us. Masks will need to be worn injured or ill person during the treatment, unless it’s life threatening.
- We will wash hands for 20 seconds before and after first aid treatment.
- We will deep clean before, after and in between lessons.
- Weather permitting, We will keep the back door open for ventilation. The front door can be open if parents/carers are present, but if not, due to safeguarding, this will be closed.
- Have signs, visuals and/or verbal prompts to remind clients of the procedures.
- We have taken part in Prevent COVID-19 training.
Use of tools and equipment
- Acrylic paint bottles will be handled by Us.
- All tools and equipment will be disinfected before, after and in between lesson.
- Where possible, kitchen foil will be used instead of palettes, which are disposed of at the end of the lesson.
- All used wipes, kitchen roll and paper towels are disposed of at the end of the lesson.
- The clients can bring tools and equipment that will be used for the lessons e.g. brushes, iPad, pencils, which can be disinfected. No soft toys can be bought into the studio.
- Please wear old clothing or bring your own apron. We will not be using the studio aprons.
- Our iPads and laptops will only be used by Us and images for the art project will be printed for the clients.
Food and Drinks
- We cannot offer any food or drinks.
- Food cannot be consumed in the studio unless the client has a medical need e.g. diabetes.
- Clients can bring their own flasks/water bottles into the studio.
- Please can you inform Us if emergency contacts have changed, especially if they are shielding.
If the client feels unwell with the following symptoms, then they will not be able to attend face to face lessons. Online lessons will be available.
- Sickness and diarrhoea
- If a child has been administered Calpol or paracetamol.
- Displaying any of the COVID-19 symptoms
If anyone develops these symptoms during the lesson, the adults will need to leave immediately and parents/carers will be called immediately to collect their children.
Symptoms of Covid-19
The symptoms of COVID-19 are as follows:
- high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Please refer to the NHS website for more information: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
If Us or the client has any of these symptoms, they will need to self-insolate at home and book a test.
Test and Trace including GDPR
“The NHS test and trace service will help to control the rate of reproduction (R), reduce the spread of the infection and save lives. By playing your part through the actions set out below, you will directly help to contain the virus by reducing its spread. This means that, thanks to your efforts, we will be able to go as far as it is safe to go in easing lockdown measures.
You can help in the following ways:
- if you develop symptoms, you must continue to follow the rules to self-isolate with other members of your household and order a test to find out if you have coronavirus
- if you test positive for coronavirus, you must share information promptly about your recent contacts through the NHS test and trace service to help us alert other people who may need to self-isolate
- if you have had close recent contact with someone who has coronavirus, you must self-isolate if the NHS test and trace service advises you to do so”
For more information please visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test-and-trace-how-it-works
If We or Our household have been tested positive for COVID-19, in line with GDPR, We will have to give details of all the clients, including Your details, to whom have taken part in face to face lessons in the studio to the NHS Test and Trace. They will contact You.
Face to face lessons will go back to being booked and paid as blocked lessons, charging £10 per child/adult per hour.
Please refer to Terms and Conditions Policy on the website www.nickiregart.co.uk , but with the following changes:
- Anyone that has been tested positive for COVID-19, or either parties have to self-isolate due to Test and Trace, then their booked lessons will be deferred until all parties have isolated for 14 days.
- Charges for specific one to one lessons will temporarily stopped until mixed larger household groups are allowed.
Reviewing the Policy
This policy will be reviewed and amended when Government Guidelines change. Any amendments to this policy and risks assessments will be shared with the clients.
Please ensure that We will continue to prioritise the welfare and safety of all children and their families. The studio may be liable to closure at very short notice in the event of an outbreak and this risk will be present for some time. We cannot guarantee that COVID-19 will not come into the studio.
We, as a family, have been following the Government Guidelines since March 2020 and are continuing to do so. Please only attend if you are following the guidelines in order to keep the risk of catching COVID-19 lower.
Policy written: 23rd June 2020
Written by: Nicola Redgewell
Review: Ongoing, due to government changes